Mike and Des Trahan have owned the Barn since they purchased it as The Common Man in 2011 with Adam Longworth and Lorien Wroten. The Barn has always been a very special place where people could gather and create memories. While the Restaurant is no longer, we have worked hard to create short term lodging that will still create memories for the guests coming to the Valley.
The Barn has been an icon in the Mad River Valley sine the late 1950's. It has been the home to three fine dining restaurants over the years, Orisini's, La Pasta and The Common Man. In 1987 the barn burned to the ground and was rebuilt into the likeness of the original barn. After the Common Man Restaurant closed in 2018 we completely re-imagined and renovated the barn into luxury units while keeping the special feel of the historic barn that has served so many over the years.